Thursday, July 9, 2009

UAN SMP Bahasa Inggris (sample)

Chose the best answer!

1. Windi : I'd like to buy a shirt.
Shop assistant : Which shirt do you like, the one with long sleeves or short sleeves?
Windi : ……………. It’s nice

A. I like the shirt with long sleeves
B. I don't like either of them
C. I don't like both
D. I don't like it

2. Rosi : Yesterday morning my mother saw you in the market. What did you buy there?
Atik : I ... a head of cabbage.

A. buy B. bought
C. am buying D.will buy

3. The plant has short stiff leaves. It can be planted in the ground and grows quite tall. Usually it is put in a hanging pot. It has beautiful flowers which are mostly purple and red. The flowers last a long time before they die. What flower is it? It is ...

A. a rose B. a lily
C. an orchid D. a jasmine

4. Ary : Why didn’t you come with, us to the Safari Park yesterday?
Mary : My mother was seriously ill and I had to stay, home to be with her
Ani : ... I hope she will get better soon.

A. That's great
B. That's wonderful
C. Thank’ you for that
D. I am sorry to hear that.

5. Waiter : What can I do for you, sir?
Guest : …
Waiter : Yes, certainly.
A. Can I see the menu, please?
B. Would you like the menu?
C. May 1 borrow-the menu?
D. Will you write the menu? .


6. Rina : Hi, Jane. I hear that your sister gave birth to a son ...
Jane : Three and a half kilos.
Rina : Really? He must be a healthy baby.

A. How much does he weigh?
B. How old is he?
C. How cut is he?
D. How tall is he?

7. Rita : Where did you go for your holiday?
Tuti : I went to Bali.
Rita : How was ... there?
Tuti : It was hot and dry

A. the season
B. the climate
C. the weather
D. the temperature

8. Ziky : What about the hotel?
Ilham : Don't worry. There'll be enough rooms for the guests.
Widuri : ... because it's a public holiday.

A. I think so.
B. What a nice day
C. I'm pleased with it
D. lam doubtful about that.

9. What do you know about a zebra?
A Zebra is ... a horse but has black and white stripes

A. like
B. not the same as
C. different from
D. not similar to

10. X : Get up, please. Riko.
Y : In a minute, Mom. I'm still sleepy.
X : Come on. Have a shower right now, or you'll be late for school.
Where does the dialogue take place?

A. In the office
B. At home
C. In class
D. In the library

11. Dony : ... do you go fishing?
Deni : Once a week.
A. How far
B. How long
C. How often
D. How many

12. Mr. Wilman : Mr. Enoch, do you mind having dinnerat my house this evening?
Mr. Enoch : That sounds good.
Mr. Wilman : Are you sure?
Mr. Enoch : …
A. I'm positive
B. Fine, go ahead
C. I'm afraid I can't
D. No, I can't

13. This notice means ...



a. Throw your rubbish here
b. Bring your own rubbish
c. Do not throw rubbish here
d. Do not pick up the rubbish
For questions 30 to 32 choose the best words to complete the text
Here are some ... (14) on how to be a successful English learner. First, don't be ... (15) of making mistakes. Second, use every opportunity to practice your English. At last, be an optimistic person

14. A. tips 15. A. afraid
B. clues B. proud
C. plans C. brave
D. rules D. shy

Read the following text and answer questions 15 to 17

The Lamb and the Wolf
One day the wolf was slaking his thirst at a stream when he chanced to see a lamb, also drinking, at some distance down the stream. Outraged, he growled, "You are muddying my drinking water, now I shall eat you."
The lamb protested, "But, Sir, how can I be muddying your drinking water? I am farther down stream than you are. The water is flowing from your part of the stream to where I am."
"Upstream or downstream, your drinking is muddying my water, and I shall eat you." So saying, the wolf leaped upon the lamb and devoured him.

14. Where did the story happen?
a. On the river.
b. In the forest
c. In the jungle
d. At the zoo.

15. The following facts made the wolf get angry with the lamb, except ...
A. the lamb muddied the water
B. the wolf wanted to eat the lamb
C. the lamb drank at the same stream
D. the lamb protested him

16. We can learn from the story that …
A. Never drink the river water,
B. Never clean our body on the stream.
C. The bad will always beat the good.
D. The strong will always rule the weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment